The Research Project Lead offers support and advice through all aspects of a research trial:
- They are the initial point of contact for any lab enquiries relating to new or planned research trials.
- Liaise with Labs and the research team to ensure the lab tests required can be performed and maintains communication with both throughout the trial duration.
- Provide authorisation of lab support for through the R&D approval process.
- Generates a study code to set up studies on APEX and TRAK to make the ordering of research tests and obtaining results, a streamlined process.
- Communicates with R&D Finance and Contracts staff to ensure full and transparent costing of both commercial and non-commercial research activity, and ensure all costs are recovered.
- Conducts all activities observing full compliance with the required professional standards.
- Ensures adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and legislation (GDPR, GCP, MHRA, UKAS).